If you are a coffee lover, you have probably tried almost all coffee combinations in the café shops. Why not try doing experiments and make your own blends? Try the hazelnut coffee recipe in the comfort of your home. You will love its aroma, savor and enjoy your own coffee hazelnut blend.
Coffee itself is delicious, but blend it with hazelnut?, it is exhilarating. Hazelnut Coffee is one of the best coffee blends, one of the favorites. Hazelnut is protein rich and with unsaturated fats. It also contains thiamine and some vitamins such as Vitamin B6. This nut is largely produced from Turkey.
You can buy hazelnuts and coffee beans from groceries or beans shops. You have the option to roast them by yourself or you can ask the store to roast it for you and grind it to powder ready for brewing. That would be easier to do but if you really want to smell the aroma, have it roasted by yourself.
Come on, let’s get started and do this hazelnut coffee recipe. Prepare all your ingredients for your favorite 12oz cup of hazelnut coffee.
1 Tablespoon Hazelnut ( 2 tbs hazelnut powder)
1 Tbs coffee beans (2 tbs coffee ground powder)
2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon hot milk
2 tablespoon whipped cream
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Place your hazelnuts into the oven and cook for approximately 10-12 minutes until light brown color. You will know that it is done when you smell that sweet aroma. Take it out and let it cool for 5 minutes. You have also the option to roast this in a skillet. It taste heavenly too.
- Pre-heat again your oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Put your coffee beans into the oven and roast it for 10-15 minutes, constantly checking the color change into dark brown and not black. If over roasted, it will taste bitter. When done, take it out and let it cool for five minutes. You can also roast it in a skillet if no oven available especially if you are in a camping.
- Prepare your grinder. Grind your hazelnuts and coffee beans separately for a couple of minutes or until the beans become powder or granules.
- Heat your kettle with one cup of water or 12 ounce. Let it boil.
Add two tablespoon of coffee powder and two tablespoon of hazelnut powder.
Let it simmer for about five minutes to get that sweet satisfying flavor of the mixture.
Add 2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Beat the whipped cream ready for topping.
- Pour the coffee-hazelnut mixture into a 300ml cup. Remember to strain it so that the granules of the nut and bean will not be in your cup.
There you are, enjoy your original brewed hazelnut coffee.You can also top it with the whipped cream for more taste.
12oz of brewed hazelnut coffee blend = 10calories approximately.
But if you add milk and whipped cream, it is more tastier of course, but you will get more calories too. It is always your choice.
According to a survey, hazelnut coffee is one of the coffee mixtures that ranks high in the coffee industry.
So what are you waiting for? Drop at your grocery and buy ingredients for this hazelnut coffee recipe and do it yourself? You will be amazed how great and tasty aroma you will get from this perfect blend. Try it.