Are you a coffee lover? Then the chances are that you have an excellent taste for the best coffee. This means most often than not you might not be happy with the coffee that is served to you in most places. However when it comes to your home, you always want a perfect cup of your favorite beverage. Well, this is easy especially with the high tech top rated at home espresso machines that are now available.
You will find that these machines are available in a wide range and no matter what your budget there is a machine to suit it. Now, if you are looking for the top rated espresso machine under 1000, you will be amazed by the wide choice of coffee makers that awaits you. Take a look at the different options that you can choose from.
- 1 Why you Need an Espresso Machine?
- 2 Different Types of Espresso Machines
- 3 Features of an Espresso Machine
- 4 Top Rated Espresso Machine under 1000
- 5 Best Home Espresso Machine Under 1000
- 6 Conclusion
Why you Need an Espresso Machine?
Tired of spending money on the coffee outside and yet not getting the aroma and richness you wish for? A perfect solution to this problem is to have an espresso machine of your own to make espresso just the way you like it. Moreover, you also get to try a number of coffee recipes on your own. Apart from these, there are many other benefits involved in buying an espresso machine, and some of the most remarkable ones are mentioned below.
- It’s the Base- Whether you want to have an espresso shot or a delicious, creamy cappuccino, latte, Americano, you need to make a base for it. Espresso is the most important part of your coffee; whatever be the type. Though you can go for a latte or a cappuccino machine, as an amateur coffee lover, espresso machine can do just the job for you.
- Highly Convenient- An espresso is a perfect way to satisfy your guests fully after a delicious dinner party. Moreover, it’s not possible for you to run to a coffee shop every time you have a hankering for an espresso. Having an espresso machine of your own will allow you to prepare an espresso anytime you need. This will also spare you a plenty of time which you will spend on traveling to and fro from a coffee shop. Additionally, ask any espresso machine owner and they would agree that preparing your own espresso, just the way you want, in the comforts your home is a nothing short of a luxury, especially late in the nights or early in the mornings.
- Saves Money- If you are an espresso lover, the total money that you spend in coffee shops on a monthly basis can add up to a significant amount and for a fraction of it, you can buy a good espresso machine of your own. Just a right coffee machine, your favorite coffee, hot water and a few minutes is all you’ll need to make an espresso right at you home. Apart from the money spent in coffee shops, the money that you spend on gas while traveling to coffee shops will also be saved.
- Multiple Options- Many modern espresso machines allow you to make cappuccino, latte, and other coffee-based beverages as well. No matter how deep your love with an espresso is, it is nice to have a little variety at times and an espresso machine at home can provide you this luxury. Moreover, it is possible that not all the members of your family share the same love for espressos, an espresso machine will see to it that the needs of other coffee lovers in your home is equally fulfilled.
Investing in an espresso machine is an ideal way to save money, time, resources and deepen your love for espressos. Moreover, by allowing you to experiment, the device will allow you to begin your day on a brighter note.
If you are convinced about the benefits of buying an espresso machine and are planning to buy one, let us help you with that as well. We have created a list of some important things that you should look for, in an espresso machine, before choosing one. Go through this list, to ensure that you only pick an espresso machine that best suits your requirements.
Different Types of Espresso Machines
Espresso machines can be divided into four different types or classes-
- Super Automatic
- Semi Automatic and Automatic
- Coffee Pod
- Manual Machines
All these four types of espresso machines provide you with their unique version of coffee making and also requires a different amount of coffee making knowledge. While you don’t need a lot of coffee making experience while using a coffee pod or super automatic machine, you do need to have general knowledge of milk steaming and espresso extraction for using semi-automatic and automatic machines. There are manual espresso machines as well, but with the advent of modern machines, these are not recommended by the experts.
Super Automatic Espresso Machines
As the name suggests, super automatic espresso machines will grind the coffee, steam the milk, pull the drink and make the espresso with a simple press of a button. The quality of espresso that they produce is decent, but these machines are not really recommended for true espresso lovers. However, they are perfect for offices as they are quick, hassle-free and require minimum maintenance.
Semi Automatic and Automatic
If you are serious about your coffee, then a semi-automatic or automatic espresso machine is what you should buy. The difference between the both is that in the semi-automatic machine you can control the pump, while in automatic machine, you cannot. The semi-automatic machine offers more customization options as compared to an automatic machine, but both the coffee makers require you to steam the milk and pull the drink manually.
Coffee Pod Machines
Coffee pod machines are gaining immense popularity for their unique functioning and low price tag. It requires you to insert pre-prepared coffee grind or shots into the maker. Each of these shots is purchased separately, but they are highly inexpensive. While the espresso that they make are not in comparison with what you get from a semi-automatic or automatic machine, their simple functionality and hassle-free design has attracted many buyers.
Features of an Espresso Machine
While the type of espresso machine that you should buy depends on your budget and preferences, the below-mentioned features will help in narrowing down the choices.
One of the most important factors that you should consider while buying an espresso machine is its build material. Is stainless steel prominently used in its construction? Is it plastic? Will it break easily? These are some of the questions that you should consider. It is mostly the cost of the machine that determines the build quality of the coffee maker. The higher you spend, the better will be the material. Needless to say, high-quality materials will be durable and will also provide you with better coffee. Also, it will look more attractive in your kitchen.
Espresso machines come with a built-in grinder as well as separate grinders. If you plan to buy an espresso machine that doesn’t come with a built-in grinder, try to buy a grinder with a higher capacity. While the coffee makers that come with built-in grinders are highly convenient, you will mostly find them in expensive models.
The majority of the espresso machines allows you to make other espresso-based drinks, like cappuccinos, lattes, and macchiatos. If you don’t just want to stick with espresso and like varieties, make sure that you choose a machine that features a frothier that can froth the milk. While most of the espresso machines do come with a frothier, many models do not.
Most of the modern espresso machines can easily hold enough water to make 8 cups. If you want a larger water storage capacity, some high-end models can be directly connected to a water source. However, such large water storage capacity is recommended for commercial use and not for homes.
Also, check if the machine can be easily disassembled and reassembled for and after cleaning. While the task of cleaning an espresso machine is daunting, it is important to ensure seamless functionality of the coffee maker. Moreover, also keep in mind that the cleaning agents that you choose for cleaning the espresso machine are rinsed properly as they can affect the taste of your coffee.
It is generally recommended that you should invest in a good quality espresso machine to ensure that it has all the latest features, is durable and provides you with flawless functionality for years to come. One of the greatest things about a good quality espresso machine is the fact that they are future-proof. While new televisions are launched every now and then with latest technologies that are better than the previous ones, espresso machines are different. While new models are released, they are not much different from the existing models. So, if you invest in a quality espresso machine, you can be rest assured of the fact that you have a modern appliance with all the latest features that cannot be replaced for a very long time.
Top Rated Espresso Machine under 1000
Breville BES840XL Infuser Espresso Machine
This is your machine if you need a well-balanced flavor extracted evenly from the beans. The machine can produce excellent espresso shots for coffee lovers. The stainless steel make and use of high-quality plastic, in the machine, makes it sit proudly on any counter it is set at. For a true barista, the maker offers some fantastic features that just can’t be ignored.
- A consistent performer that will provide you with espressos that have a full-body, delicious mouthfeel, and perfect crema.
- Single-layer Thermocoil design prevents leakage and breakdown. Moreover, it also helps in promoting a stable brewing temperature to ensure optimal extraction every single time.
- Easy controls with a bright display panel and drip tray that feature additional storage space.
- Pressure gauge for altering the extraction pressure.
- Small stainless steel and plastic built allows it to consume small space on the kitchen counter.
- The water tank is small (61 oz) and requires more refills.
- Steam wand only features a single hole in the tip, which makes it consume more time for steaming the milk.
- Water indicator not available on the front.
- Limited warranty of only one year.
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
Don’t want to use stored grounded coffee beans? Pick this one which comes with an integrated burr grinder. When you need that fresh and aromatic coffee, this is one machine that can be trusted. Whether you are an amateur coffee lover or a professional barista, this coffeemaker won’t disappoint you in performance.
This one of the most highly rated automatic espresso machines at the cost of less than $1000. But, don’t let the low price give you any doubts about the functionality of this coffee maker. Packed with some of the most outstanding features, this machine offers you the best espresso at your home.
- Integrated Burr Grinder and Hopper: You can get the best espresso experience with the burr grinder by freshly grinding the beans before every use and then brewing the coffee after that. However, the hopper stores the leftover powder that you can collect and store for later use.
- Coarseness Settings: Whether you want to grind the beans fine or coarse, you can set this machine accordingly.
- Strength Settings: This espresso machine allows you to set the machine to brew the coffee to the right intensity, just the way you like it. Once you select the settings, the machine makes sure that only the necessary amount is doused into the coffee maker.
- Volume Settings: Whether you are brewing a cup of coffee for yourself or a lot of people, this espresso machine allows you to set the number of cups that you need.
- Removable Water Tank: The water tank can be separated and cleaned which means you can be sure that all the hygiene parameters are taken care of.
- Automatic Grinding Cradle: Once you have set the amount of beans that need to grind, you can stop worrying about it. The grinder stops automatically as soon as the required level is reached.
- Auto Purge: The machine adjusts the temperature of the water for the best espresso experience.
- Cleaning Indicator: One of the most important things that have come forth from this automatic espresso maker’s review is that the machine alerts you as soon as it needs a cleaning, which is a great thing.
- Steady aluminum and zinc casing and grip at the bottom for enhanced stability.
- Pressure gauge to monitor and change the pressure.
- Easy-to-Use temperature adjustments that allow you to get the best shots.
- Sufficient water storage with optional water filters.
- Extremely silent.
- Built-in grinder.
- Additional storage compartment for keeping tools and accessories.
- Heats quickly.
- Easy to clean.
- Even though Breville has made improvements to its drip tray, sludge still gets accumulated.
- Requires high maintenance.
- Not very quick and is not ideal for commercial use.
DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
When you want that delicious creamy cappuccino apart from the strong espresso shots, this is one machine you can turn to for your coffee needs. The patented cappuccino system and the removable brewing mechanism makes this super automatic machine a favorite of a professional barista. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get her home. In fact, the comfortable cleaning facility makes it all the more attractive to home users.
This is a very popular fully automatic espresso machine thanks to its power and its impressive features. But, when it comes to its size, unlike its counterparts, this super automatic espresso machine is rather compact and can thus fit into any small space easily.
- High Performance:The compact size of this espresso machine ensures that the temperature is evenly divided into all parts of the machines, thus making for the perfect espresso experience that hardly any other machine can guarantee.
- Grind and Brew: Since this is a coffee grinder-cum-espresso maker, you can be assured that the coffee beans are freshly ground before brewing your cuppa, thus giving you the best aroma and flavour.
- Cappuccino Maker: If you love a cappuccino once in a while, this espresso machine also has a slot to place a milk container to get you your favourite drink.
- Adjustable Spigot: No matter what the size of your cup, you can put it under the spigot by adjusting its height with much ease.
- Easy to Use Panel: The panel in the front of the machine is easy to understand and allows you to select the number of cups, strength of the coffee, coarseness of the coffee powder, etc.
- ESAM3300 features detachable boiler system, brew cup, drip tray and used coffee container to allow easy cleaning.
- 15 bar pressure gauge for excellent crema.
- Dual-layer thermal built for instant heating.
- Built-in grinder.
- Descaling indicator with a single-press button to begin descaling.
- Intuitive controls and easy to operate.
- Auto shut-off for enhanced safety.
- Noisy while functioning.
- Requires you to remove the entire water tank for refilling.
- Auto cleaning cycle consumes too much water.
- No vertical rotation feature in steam wand.
- Steam knob is made of plastic and is a little stiff to use.
Best Home Espresso Machine Under 1000
By the pros and cons and customer reviews, the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine has an edge over the other two options. Some of its features like the built-in grinder, large water storage tank, and, stylish built make it the best espresso coffee machine one can have. While the Breville BES840XL – Infuser Espresso Machine looks similar to the BES870XL, the significant difference among the two is the built-in coffee grinder that allows BES870XL to provide you with the freshest espresso every single time.
When compared with the DeLonghi ESAM3300, BES870XL has dry puck feature, dedicated hot water dispenser, and its frothing wand can be rotated up to 360 degrees while the frothing wand in DeLonghi ESAM3300 can only be rotated up to 180 degrees. Moreover, the housing of Breville BES870XL is made from stainless steel for enhanced durability, whereas DeLonghi ESAM 3300 features a plastic housing.
While there are many espresso machines under $1000, these were some of the best ones based on the customer reviews and coffee lovers. If you are looking for something less, you can also shop online for espresso machines under 500.
Based on automatic espresso machine consumer reviews, these are some of the machines that are economical and at the same time extremely efficient. So, once you have decided to get an espresso machine for your house, go ahead and get any of the above.
If you are an ardent coffee lover, you cannot do without an espresso machine. From super automatic to fully automatic, this post covers some of the best Espresso machine under 1000 dollars.